Tuesday, October 22

16 Weeks

October 15, 2013
Fifth Doctors Appointment
This visit was a little less eventful from the last few.  I actually went to this appointment on my own, but that was fine with me.  I didn't get a sonogram at this visit.  The more routine appointment meant that I had to pee in a cup (iron level is great), get my blood pressure taken (102/70, which was good too), and then had the doctor hear the biscuit's heart beat with the doppler.  On top of the norm, I got to get my flu shot, which I haven't gotten in years, and blood taken.  Man, I forget how quickly the flu shot makes your arm hurt!  Ouch.  The most exciting part was post appointment where I got to schedule our anatomy sonogram for my 20 week appointment.


Although we will not be finding out the sex during the screening, I'm still excited to see the changes.  Not finding out, ha, yeah right.  This planner here has to know.  No, we are having a gender reveal party that following weekend to find out the good news surrounded with the ones we love!

Week 16
Size of Baby Walker  3.5 ounces = size of a lemon! 
Symptoms TMI, but I feel like my chest is really dense this week.   I thought most of that was over, but I guess the girls just keep growing!
Cravings/Aversions I may have gotten a bag of Swedish Fish and eaten almost the whole bag in two days...
Exercise I got out and ran one day and had a wedding this past weekend that keeps me on my feet for a good 10 hours, so that counts as double!  A year ago I ran the Nike Women's half marathon, and a year later, I can barely run a full mile without exhaustion.  I'm still keeping with my 30 minute workout when I can.
Sleep  I've officially been able to find a good position to sleep in, which is a step up from last week.  I actually had to stack two pillows together to be able to comfortably sleep on my side.  I think this blissful sleep has then lead to me having some strange dreams.    
Worries I have such a hard time filling this one out each week.  I'm not sure that I feel super worried about anything in particular.  I tend to be a worrier, but I think I'm just too busy to worry right now.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of that coming in the months (heck, years!) to come.
Best moment of the week... I am always amazed at how sweet and giving people can be!  I'm surrounded by the best people, who don't even ask, just offer their love, support, maternity clothes, baby clothes, time and talent for me.  Let me just say, every time I'm beyond thankful and your thoughtfulness blows me away!  
Gender I feel like my baby bump is pretty low, which would note more on the boy side.  I'm not sure if it's just my long torso that makes me feel that way. 
Changes Not completely baby related, but happened (Finally!) because Baby Walker is on the way... We finally got our shower glass installed.  Can I just tell you how excited I am about this!!!  It's been quite the wait, but we are also working on getting our 60's claw foot tub refinished as well. 
Looking forward to feeling this little biscuit kick!  I feel like it's going to happen soon, or that's what people have been saying, and I can't wait!  I think it will probably be the strangest, yet coolest thing!  Oh, and celebrating me and the hub (he's turning 30!!!!!) birthdays on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.