Tuesday, March 4

35 Weeks

Week 35
Size of Baby Walker  5.25 pounds = size of a pineapple! 
Symptoms  This week I've definitely felt more lower back aching through out the day.  I actually called into the nurse on Friday afternoon because (sorry if TMI) my mucous plug (or at least part of it) came out.  I wasn't freaked out by it, but thought it would be good to make sure I didn't need to do anything different.  I also talked with my doula, which is really nice to have a 2nd resource.  Basically, your mucous plug can come back, and unless I was having contractions or pains that wrapped around from my back, I was fine.  
Cravings/Aversions  This week's menu has been pretty random.  We've eaten pretty well during the week.  The weekend comes and with being busy and lack of food in the fridge, we eat not as healthy of meals.  I have also been loving all things dried fruit.   
Exercise  I endured the cold that stormed in last night and went to prenatal yoga.  It was great, and I figured stretching out before my massage today would be the good for my body! 
Sleep  Ugh, one night it's wonderful and the next I spend a few hours up on my phone on Pinterest.  I don't know what makes one evening more comfortable than the next, but hopefully I can get a few more good nights of sleep before she's here. 
Best moment of the week...  I just love spending time with my hubby.  I know it sounds silly, but I love having him help me with projects and spending time together.  I keep trying to just soak up the moments of just us.  He took me to get yogurt and ended up going with me to JoAnn's to get materials for our headboard.  He was actually being helpful with choosing the color, and at one point said he really liked the pattern and texture of this one fabric.  I about peed my pants in the aisle.  That's totally not a phrase my husband would normally say.  It was perfect and hilarious, but it was the fabric we ended up choosing.   
Changes  We got a few more things put together this week for the baby's room.  The monitor is up, and we got a few items we still needed to purchase.  Our car seat will be going in our vehicle this week.  I should probably start thinking about packing my bag for the hospital, but that is still a to-do.  We also have been working on a few projects around the house.  I mainly have some to-do's that I've been putting off but know need to be done before she's here.  One of which is a headboard for our new bed.  If it wasn't rainy and cold at the end of the weekend, we'd have much more done.  Instead, we got to just enjoy a few lazy days.  
Looking forward to... It's amazing to think that I'm now at 36 weeks and really can have her at any time.  She, although would be early, would only be preterm and hopefully nice and healthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.