{Garage}
One thing we knew we wanted to do since we moved in was finish the garage. For one thing, the shelves that they had hung on the unfinished garage were not straight. Yeah, that's right, we had some talented people who lived here before us. Last week when my parents were down, we decided to buy all the items we would need and bust out the garage. The day mostly consisted of the boys working in the garage and my mom and I playing with Bella bear. Initially we had hoped to get the majority of it done in a few days, but we still need to mud the walls, sand everything down and then paint over it all. I was excited that I found a decent color in the return section of Lowe's. The kicker was that they had 2 cans of it. So 2 cans for $12, definitely a deal I couldn't pass up. Here are some pictures of the progress in there.
First thing the boys did was add insulation to the walls.
They love working with fiber glass - full wall done!
Next step was to add the dry wall
D and Dad held it up looking pretty while Scotty drilled in all the screws
{Attic}
After moving into the house, we realized that our storage space was lacking. I loathe cardboard boxes, so all of my random stuff from growing up and such is in plastic tubs. Obviously with the reduction of storage space we had to look elsewhere to store them. This last Sunday, we took the boards that were 'shelves' in the garage and placed them in the attic. D about passed out working up there, but we tried to get everything done prior to it hitting 100+ degrees. After about 2 hours, we had all the insulation back in the spots it should be. There must have been a pack rat (or something of the sort) up there because they had taken all the insulation and piled it up in one area. D screwed down the boards in place and we piled half of our tubs up there. We are planning on installing ceiling shelves in the garage for the remaining tubs. I sadly don't have images of the attic because it was way to dark. I assure you it was not very pretty though!
{Kitchen Island}
This was something I was really excited to get! I have so much space in my kitchen that even before we moved in, I knew I wanted to put in an island. After looking online, I really thought about making one (with the help of my brother, of course). However, after talking about it and looking some more, I realized it would in the end be more expensive than I wanted to spend. I've had my eye on a few at a lovely store called Ikea, and a few weeks ago, I finally got to bring one home! I'm still finding things to put on it, but here are some shots from initially bringing it home. Yay!
Taking the sides out for the initial set up - Scotty is just as excited as I am
He can't put the darn thing up fast enough!
See it looks like Scotty is doing all the hard work, but you see I have to hold down the crazy loose animals that I have running around my house!
Almost done!
Tadaaa!! I love it, just need to fill it up now. Oh, and replace the floors and the counter tops. A girl can dream right!?!
{Master Bathroom}
Oh demolitions. We have had fun with this project. We are basically renovating our entire master bath. We tore out a wall and the shower, are removing the bathtub, and spending the majority of our money in this space. I've taken a ton of pictures of the process so far.
Here is the 'before' look of the master bathroom cabinets. Ugh. I was so happy to get those out!
D tried to get them out carefully. We are going to try and garage sale them.
Yay! Finally getting them out.
Check out the 100 rollie pollies that were under the cabinet. Gross.
Now it was time for them to get the mirrors off. However, little did they know they were attached by tar. Who ever built this house didn't ever want anything removed.
Broke! What is that like 7 years of bad luck. Silly boys.
That's right, they broke the other side as well. 14 years and counting. Ha.
They were tired of being nice and wanted to tear down the wall
The unneeded wall mostly tore down.
We have some amazing pipes as well. Their location makes it a little tricky to remove that wall, but we are getting creative.
Removing the tile!!
What a mess!
Here is the shower with walls removed, but the shower pan still intact. We were not up to tackling that beast quite yet.
Ugh, so pretty. I am so glad we are remodeling this!!
Not the best picture, but you can see we also took out a small wall right as you walk into the bathroom.
This last Sunday, D and I decided to get that shower pan out of there. It really was a pain in the butt.
We had to use a sledge hammer to break the tile and cement up into little pieces. The drain really didn't want to come loose, so it was a mess. Not to mention that it probably weighed 500 lbs.
D attempting to lift it up by himself. Ha.
After about 2 hours, this is the shower floor with everything removed and cleaned up.
We barely got all the bottom lifted up into the wheel barrow. Such a mess. Now we are just waiting to have D's dad come down and help with the plumbing and order all the tile we have picked out for the bathroom.
{Bella Bear}
So I had to leave you with some pictures of how big my little girl is getting!
She was not quite sure about the pool, but she sure looks little by it!
She got her toy so she was out!
After a long day playing in the yard, the best treat = ice cube!
I'll try to be better about posting more updates! B

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.