Friday, August 13

Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bars

I must say, for a being a healthier alternative to dessert, these quick and easy bars are delicious!!  I tend to find most of my recipes online.  However, I do have a handful of cookbooks from my mom and a few I have bought, that I will occasionally browse through for inspiration.  I have made this recipe quite a few time and I decided it is worth sharing!  There is just enough chocolate and crunch to curve your sweet tooth.  Plus, it takes less than 45 minutes for them to be in your hands and ready to chow down on.  Here is the recipe from Pillsbury: Fast and Healthy Cookbook, Enjoy! 


{Carmel Chocolate Crunch Bars}
Prep Time: 15 minutes Ready in 45 minutes

{Ingredients}
1/3 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c margarine or butter softened (use the low fat alternative)
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 c Grape Nuts cereal
1/2 c caramel ice cream topping
1/4 cup chocolate chips

{Directions}
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.  Line 8-in square pan with foil and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray
2. In medium bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; blend well.  Add flour, oats, and cereal to sugar mixture; mix well. Press in bottom of sprayed foil-lined pan.  Drizzle caramel topping to within 1/2 in of edges.
3. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.  While cooking melt chocolate in double broiler or microwave and spread over bars immediately after coming out of the oven; cool 5 minutes.  Remove bars from pan by carefully lifting foil.  Cool in freezer for 15 minutes.  Cut into bars

Yields: 16 bars

Yum! 
Heart. B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.