Wednesday, May 14

Two months

Two months, holy cow!  Somehow saying that I have a two month old is so different than my little newborn.  Maybe it's because I can already see how much she has changed or that the newborn snuggles aren't quite the same any more.  Watching your baby grow is so bittersweet.  They grow too quickly and in a blink of an eye change so much.  I just want to soak it all up.  


Today you are 9 pounds 6 ounce (15 percentile) and 20.5 inches long (2 percentile)! 

Our sweet little bug is really filling in her baby rolls.  Looking at her today, I can't believe she was only 5 lbs when we brought her home.  She's been fitting nicely into her newborn clothes, and we've even had to retire a few that were too tight on her Buda belly.  

Speaking of belly, this girl loves to eat.  I have still been letting her lead our daily feed schedule, but she tends to wake up around 6:30 or 7 AM and nurses.  We get out of bed and change out of our PJs.  She is an absolute ham in the mornings.  I seriously could eat her up.  She loves laying on her changing table, so in the mornings we will lay there for a bit, playing, singing silly songs and making even sillier faces.  She loves kisses all over and smiles when I sing her a silly song.  She still is smitten with the ceiling fans and finds them in what ever room we are in.  In the morning she is pretty wide awake until around 9:30 or 10 when she starts fighting her first nap.  I generally have errands to run, so she falls asleep in her car seat, which she really doesn't mind.  


The best part about her getting out of her car seat is her stretches.  They really are adorable.  If you hold her flat, she will pout her little lip and stretch her neck in all directions. 

Let’s also talk about her gruntiness.  She makes the silliest noises.  I keep meaning to record them because she won’t believe me when I tell her how loud she was as a baby.  She is definitely starting to jabber and makes a high pitched cry when she is really getting excited. 

Her naps during the day are really determined by what I have going on, which isn't helping set a schedule.  If we are out and about, she could sleep most of the day.  We were starting out with bedtime around 8 to 8:30 PM, but she was just a pill.  Since we've moved up the bath time, it's gone much smoother.  We generally give her a bath around 6:30 PM, which she loves.  Getting out of the bath is another story.  She hates it.  She'll be just peachy and then upon being wrapped in the towel, she gets full use out of her lungs.  I tend to give her one last feed before putting her down.  That will generally keep her asleep until around 12 or 1 AM.  Sometimes I'll get a nice stretch until 2 AM.  Then she is usually up around 3 AM and 7 AM.   The majority of the days, after I feed her at night, I can re-swaddle her and she will just fall back to sleep on her own.  It's lovely. 


She is already showing her dramatic personality.  You can certainly hurt her feelings already, where she will show you her big pouty lip.  It kills me.  She does not like to be woken from a nap and stopping feeding her too early gets her pretty upset too.  

She is still rocking newborn diapers, although I'm so ready to go to our cloth ones.  I think at the start of June we are going to fully wear the cloth.  I just have to adjust her clothes slightly to accommodate for the larger bottom they give.  Buying diapers is so ridiculous though.  I can't wait to be done with them.  

Isla also decided to have her first official blow out, where it literally came out both the diaper and her clothes, at the doctors office this month.  What a mess.  I’m just glad I make sure to have an extra outfit for her with me at all times.  My pants on the other hand were not so lucky.  We went in because she has some red bumps/dry skin on one of her cheeks, and I thought it was more of a rash verses baby acne. 


This past week she finally took a pacifier.  We had gotten the Advent style, but she really wasn't loving it. She has slowly started to suck on her hand/fist/almost fingers more, so we wanted to get something that she could use instead.  

Along with everything else getting big, I’ve noticed her eyelashes are getting so long!  I also have to trim her nails all the time, since they are constantly too long for my liking. 


She loves laying on her play mat and looking at the animals hanging off of it.  She loves all the crinkle sounds and especially when Dad makes the lion roar.  She will fling her arms and legs in excitement and hits the hanging animals.  She still likes laying in her crib staring at the fan and her mobile.  She even will reach out and touch her bunny that’s always sitting in her crib.  It’s super soft, so she likes the feel of it.  Tummy time is one thing that she doesn’t appreciate quite yet. 


I’m happy to say that breastfeeding has gotten much better this month.  It still has it’s challenging moments, but it’s manageable.  The cracks are almost healed, and I am waiting for the day that I don’t have to worry about them any more, hopefully very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.