Tuesday, January 14

28 Weeks

January 7, 2014
Eighth Doctors Appointment
This doctors appointment started with the first glucose test.  All that means is that when I checked in, I went to the lab and got to drink about 2-3 ounces of this sugary liquid.  The one I got was lime flavored, which really tasted like a sugary sprite.  I drank the small cup and let the nurses know when I was done to start the hour wait.  I wasn't told that I needed to check back in, so we sat in the waiting room until the hour was up.  Really, we should have gone to my appointment with my doctor, but instead I waited the full hour and went and got my blood taken first.  Then upon checking back in afterwards, we got to go to our appointment.  The visit went great.  We got to hear the heart beat on the doppler again - 132 - and she said my belly was measuring right on point.  We asked a few follow up questions and ended the appointment by both getting our TDAP shot.  All parents and anyone who is going to be around the newborn extensively needs to get one.  

Two days later, I got a call from my doctor's nurse that I didn't pass the first round from my glucose test, so I needed to come back for the 3 hour test.  Yay (insert sarcasm).  I really was not looking forward to this and still don't really know why I failed the first one...  The nurse suggested that I come in, ideally sooner than later, at 8 AM to start the test.  I had to fast for 8 hours prior and couldn't eat or drink anything but water for the 3 hour duration in the office.  I went in the next morning.

January 10, 2014
Lab work
I woke up early and got there right at 8 AM.  This appointment started with me headed directly to the lab and having them take my blood, pre-sugar drink.  I then got to drink this lovely bottle.  


I got to choose if I wanted lemon lime or orange.  I went for the lime again, which was okay.  I really felt like I ingested about 2 cups of sugar in that small bottle.  The nurse warns that I probably shouldn't try and drink it too quickly, as it makes some people sick.  However, I only had 5 minutes to finish it.  I let them know when I was done and to the waiting room I went for my 1 hour wait.  Each hour they had me come back and I would get blood drawn.  I felt like my arm looked like I was a druggie by the end of the appointment.  I also had her use a side vein on the second prick and totally made my arm bruise.  I did this for the 3 hours I was there and finally got to leave around 11:30 AM.  Let's just say I was starving and tired of drinking water.  I did bring some snacks, so I could eat something right away.  I'm still waiting to hear the results, hopefully by tomorrow, but fingers and toes are crossed.  

Week 28
Size of Baby Walker 2 pounds = size of a papaya! 
Symptoms  Felt pretty good this week.  Love feeling her move more.  I think I say that a lot, but it really is the best feeling.   
Cravings/Aversions  I've been pretty darn good about avoiding refined sugar.  I've still been eating fruit and made my favorite 'energy balls' as a sweet snack, when I'm craving one.  Basically they are just oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, coconut and flack seeds (if you have them).  I've had some yogurt this week.  I'd say it's been a little bit of a craving, but I made sure to get the no sugar added options!
Exercise  Weather has been a little nicer, and we've been able to walk the pups a little more.  Also, we took the dogs on a walk/jog around our neighborhood.  I love these family jogs!  We don't go super fast, but I just have the best time.  Running actually felt pretty good and even running with the belly wasn't super awkward.  I wanted to go to yoga, but it didn't work with my schedule this past week.  Hoping to go once this week! 
Sleep  We've been doing some relaxation practice, which we do right before we go to bed.  It's been amazing.  I seriously have slept so great with this.  I love it.  I've woken up a few times and feel like my lower abdomen muscles are stretching, but I've been using pillows and it's been helpful.     
Best moment of the week...  I've been gathering a few items for the nursery, which is very exciting.  I also, non-baby related, got to celebrate my bestie's birthday.  I got dressed up in on of her black jumpsuits, which I loved.  One, I don't look good in jumpsuits.  Seriously, I was so surprised that I even 1. liked it and 2. it fit me!  I borrowed it from her, but I'm going to be ordering one, probably tonight...  We also heard that our first had their little girl and SO wish we could go meet her!  For now we'll just love her through pictures.      
Changes  Holy veins!  TMI, I'm sorry, but this week it was amazing how much I could see them in the girls.  I heard that it happens, but I hadn't really seen a difference until this week.  The beauties of your body changing for this girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.