This October was crazy, to say the least. Not only because it's the busiest wedding month of the fall, but also because of birthdays. I decided about half way through the month that we would have a joint birthday/Halloween-pumpkin carving party after we got back from San Francisco. So the Evite went out, and I really didn't think much about it until oh, the day of. My mom and I did however create a few cute little Halloween inspired decor for the house.
We used the left over scraps to make a cute little decor for the front door and fireplace.
When the party came around, my brother really helped get all the food together. I had meetings that day, so I really couldn't get much done. My always amazing hubby cleaned the house, and I really just showed up for the party. I took a few pictures, but not nearly enough. Having a nice camera on my phone is helping, but I still don't take nearly as many pictures as I did with my point and shoot.
We did a half attempt at dressing the pups up, because really they are much cuter than making a costume for myself. Steel was the sheriff...
We had a pumpkin carving contest, and some of my girlfriends that didn't carve awarded each pumpkin a different title.
Sorry, again, I missed half of the pumpkins, but this is what I did get.
Happiest Scary Thing
Most Creative
Most Detailed
Sharpest Teeth
Best Free Hand
Most Intricate
and the winner was Best in Show!
What crazy costumes did you see this year?
Also, one week from today we will be
running our half marathon. I am not going to lie, I'm a little nervous
for the race. I honestly haven't been running as much as I know I
should be. I also haven't been drinking as much water as I need to.
Hopefully this week I'll be able to prep a little more. 13.1 miles, see
you in a week!
Love B

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.