When D and I got Steel, we knew there was NO way he was going to sleep on the bed with us like Bella does. He is estimated to be 140 lbs, making him a small horse. So, we had to decide how to make him feel loved without letting him on the bed at night. Right now we are still kennel training him, and he will sleep in there until he can sleep through the night and/or he doesn't fit any more. At his last check up (3 months), he was 22 lbs and now stands the same height as Bbears.
I knew how much dog beds were at the store, so Scotty and I decided to have mom help us make some instead. Once we found fabric, we decided to place pillows inside the casing. That way, we could easily take them out to wash or replace them. I used 4 king sized pillows in my bed, and I still think it might be small once he is full grown. Both pups LOVE it though. They play, fight, and sleep on that thing.
While we were shopping for pillows, Scotty also thought it would be fun to get bubbles for the dogs to play with. Apollo loved it.
This photo is blurry, but B's face is hilarious.
Now I have to share all the delicious foods we had for Scotty's bday celebration. The first thing we surprised him with was finally taking him to Gordough's. He'd been asking to go there for the last year and we finally made it. They were pretty ridiculous donuts.
Blackout-Darrell's, Miss Shortcake-Mine and Blue Ball-Dad
Flying Pig-Scott, ODB-Mom
We ended the night with one of the best seafood dinners I have ever made. We did a fish boil with fish, scallops, calamari and shrimp with a side of Parmesan risotto and crab cakes. DELISH.
Good times in the Walker household.
Love B
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.