It's almost been a week now since my traumatic experience with my pup trying to 'fly' out the car window while we were driving at 20-25 mph. I must admit, I was pretty emotional about it and just felt HORRIBLE. Things happen, and I know it wasn't any ones fault, but since she was sitting on my lap, I really felt like I should have been able to stop it. Well, she is fine. She really only got superficial cuts and bruises. I must say it is interesting to see how D and I cope with a stressful situation like that. Me, I stay pretty calm, but like to say the f-word a LOT. We immediately took her to the emergency clinic and had her examined. We received good news that she did not have any broken bones, head trauma, or lung issues.
Since then, we really have just been trying to spoil her and let her rest. D took the day off right after the accident, so we've been in the house pretty much from Thursday through Sunday. So what did I do with all this time... Not much. :o) Thursday and Friday I still was working, but by Saturday I needed to do something. I was browsing through my normal blog sites when I saw my friend posted this brownie recipe on her blog - I had to try them. How can you possibly resist brownies topped with salted peanuts, chopped up peanut butter cups and then top that with chocolate-peanut butter Rice Krispy fluff? {Sorry my iPhone camera decided it didn't want to focus anymore, so these images are a little blurry}
I then decided to finally make homemade Pop Tarts. I had seen the recipe on Smitten Kitchen a while back and have been dying to make them since. I had a hard time deciding what filling to make, but I ended up doing mostly cinnamon sugar and one fruit filled. I definitely recommend trying your hand at this if you love the idea of a 'gourmet' Pop Tart.
Finally, since it had been quite a while since I have made homemade bread - by hand - I decided to give this recipe a try. I really would like to master the art of delicious homemade bread with out a machine. This was an intense recipe, meaning it took forever! But I think it was the best bread I have ever made. Maybe that was the reason...
You can imagine how crazy my kitchen looked after I baked all these things on Saturday afternoon. Although I must say my house smelled amazing! Good thing I'm running all these calories off.
Love B
Monday, July 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you.