When my parents moved down to Austin, so came all of our 'crap' that we had stored at their house. Now that I have a house, I figured I should relieve them of their storage duties. My brother had this huge canvas that he didn't want anymore and offered for me to place it on my fireplace mantle. Browsing through numerous blogs, I remember seeing this design, and I knew it would be perfect on my own fireplace.
Luckily, I had all the grey paint, tape and Killz for the project. The only thing I really had to make was a stencil for the design. I basically took an 8.5x11 piece of card stock and cut it in half length wise. I taped them together in an over lapping pattern, and I was set to go.
{Step One} Killz the entire canvas - three times. Yes, my brother had some interesting colors on there before hand
{Step Two} Trace out the pattern with a pencil
{Step Three} Tape over the lines - showing the ones that I would paint grey
{Step Four} Paint the grey stripes - two times
{Step Five} Possibly my favorite part - pulling off the tape. How can you not love that beautiful line
{Step Six} Followed by my least favorite part of using a small brush with the white paint to fix any bleeds from the grey paint.
I love the results!!! Thoughts?
Who is excited for St. Patty's day? Make sure you wear your green! Love B
Wednesday, March 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome! It's perfect for your mantle!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I might have to steal this idea.
ReplyDelete